Tatamagouche Summer Free School

Sunday, August 20, 2006

Interview: Shaani Singh (The Art of Good Chai)

Interview by Yuill Herbert.

Where did you learn to make chai?

chai2.jpg

I learned it at my house and my mom and dad taught me.

How often do you make it?

Every morning. In the winter we make it alot.

What feeling does the taste and small of chai give you?

Comfort sort of....

Do you have any secret ingredients?

Everyone has their own way- I sort of copy my parents. Cinnamon.

How long does it take you to make a pot of chai?

It takes 10 minutes.

What was it like to give a workshop on chai tea making?

Its fun and I liked to show it to the people.

Where does the chai recipe come from?

My grandmother taught my father and mother and she comes from India.

chai1.jpg

How does it taste different from normal tea?

It's spicy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home