Tatamagouche Summer Free School

Thursday, August 17, 2006

Guest Post #4: Carole Tulloss

carole_heather_sm.jpg Carole is from Atlanta, GA and has been staying at the farm for two weeks prior to the Free School.

Woah! Who knew Tatamagouche was a haven for progressives, liberals, free thinkers, anarchists, lovers and fighters alike. It's beautiful to be here in good company, and finally able to eat the food we've been cooking for days! Things are just getting going with an interesting film on mining in Peru, a delicious meal featuring organic veggies from the garden, fruit from the valley, and dairy from right up the road. It's good to be able to walk the walk and talk the talk this weekend as people gather to learn ways to really live the lives that we dream of and that many here fight so tirelessly for. I actually can't believe I'm here, and I probably wouldn't be if it weren't for seeing last year's website, a bastion of knowledge, fresh air, and hope while living in the neverending lanes of traffic, smog, and hopeless poverty that fill the streets of Atlanta (Don't get me wrong, I love the beautiful South! A-town what, y'all come visit some time). Anyhow, I'm so thankful to be here, I can't wait to open my mind to learn and share on the many tantalizing topics that fill the workshops schedule. Well there is music about to go on, and the sun is setting on this first beautiful evening so I must be off to the hay loft. Keep the faith dear hearts there are many good things to come!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home